Enchiladas are a perfect meal for new parents, a potluck, guests, or family.
This delicious dish may be prepared and refrigerated up to two days
or frozen for up to three months. Accompany with black beans, salad, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and tortilla chips to complete the meal.
Ingredients: Organic is best when available.
The most important ingredient in any recipe is LOVE!!
3 chicken breasts (3 cups shredded chicken)
3 cups chopped spinach
4 cups grated cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Mexican blend)
16 corn tortillas
4 cups enchilada sauce (Green or Red)
1 medium yellow onion (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (smashed or finely chopped)
½ tsp. ground cumin
2 Tbs. olive oil
- Place chicken breasts in a sauté pan, cover with 1 inch of water, bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat until cooked thoroughly – approximately 25 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate. Shred chicken with 2 forks once cool enough to handle.
- Sauté onion in 2 Tbs. olive oil until translucent, add garlic, diced chilies, spinach, shredded chicken, cumin, salt and pepper to taste – simmer 10-15 minutes to combine flavors.
- Warm tortillas on a griddle or cast iron pan (sauté pan works too) on medium heat for 30-60 seconds on each side (tortillas will be pliable) place in a covered dish to keep warm.
- Prepare two 9”x13” baking dishes – grease pan with olive oil or butter.
- Combine 2 cups cheese with meat mixture.
- Place a stack of 8 tortillas at one end of baking dish. Place a large spoonful of chicken & cheese mixture on each tortilla, roll the tortilla and slide to the end of the baking dish. Pour sauce over the enchiladas, and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350o degrees for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- May be covered and refrigerated to be cooked within 2 days.
- If freezing, bring to room temperature and bake as directed.